Hello There, Guest! Register

Act I Scene I

Lilith Offline
Sindra
Where was her life going? What was she doing with it? Who the hell was she? These were all questions Lilith asked herself on a regular basis. Her life had been a roller coaster ride since… well, since she'd met Gavin. But that was over now, and she was resolved to put all that ugly violent nonsense behind him. Of course, she would always owe him for revealing the existence of supernatural beings, but that didn’t make him any less of a worthless monster.

Lilith ruminated on her hangups while she went on a hike, because apparently, she was that person now. Meditation was not her bag, and she needed to let out some steam somehow. Dogs could only be walked so many times per day if you didn’t own them. There was no need to be a creep. 

Lily struggled her way through the forest, sweating in her vest and sweater. It was windy out, which under normal circumstances necessitated a vest, but fuming as she was from her own emotions, it may have been a bad decision. “Shit.” She cursed under her breath (to avoid scaring any animals around?). Her water bottle was empty, and she was thirsty. Holding grudges was thirsty work. She needed to find water as soon as possible.

The problem was, Lily had no idea where she was going, and wasn’t smart enough to carry a compass, much less read one, so left to her own devices she wandered haplessly hoping a river would magically appear in her path. “Are you there God? Listen you’ve been doing me dirty for a hot minute. If you could materialize some water, everything will be forgiven, alright? No? Great.” There was no point in keeping her thoughts to herself as there was no one around for miles.
Human

Played by: Kat

Species: Human

Sindra Offline

Sindragosa's arms broke through the surface, rivulets of water cascading down her back, eyes working over her wavering reflection at the river's whimsical face.  How strange, to look so human.  Flesh no longer grey, but a pale pink, pupils widen doors, the color of her eyes indelible, despite the magic she and her kin had used to weave a more mortal appearance.  Flecks of greens, purples, and silvers still stained her blue irises- the only piece of the heavens she would ever be allowed to touch.  She smiled at the mockery, thoughts cut short by a feeling that called a short distance away.

It was always the dying.

She considered sinking back under the water and waiting for the soul to simply find her like the countless others had, but there was a curiosity in the monotony of her existence that she couldn't quite shake.  Einarr's face flickered in the breath she'd given the recesses of her mind, but disappeared behind the resolve she'd placed in front of him, feet stirring the mud as she walked out of the river and onto the rocky shore.  The wind moved to dry her bare curves, fingers working through newly blackened hair, digits innately shifting over the missing roots of her horns.  

Adrasteia...Malygos...they had all done well. 

Her palm dragged along bark as she moved through trees, naked back pressing against the trunk of a tall pine when she espied the human whose soul flirted with her attention.  Oh, but she did look like her sister, Alexstrasza.  Hair the color of burning fire...Life.  She watched the girl move about the woods, as the seconds ticked by, weighing something in her mind, her back ready to turn.

Carmine still hunted her, but spell she and her kin had woven would guarantee a hesitation, and a deeper glance, the only being who would immediately recognize her far away, sleeping.  Pressing a hand over her sternum, she thought of Gavin, calling out to another cousin in a voiceless whisper with a favor she would pay for later.  Immortals did not dream, but today her soulmate would-- a life without nightmare, and one that would not leave him embittered as the sun set, and he woke.  Renewal.  Perhaps he would come to her later- her very bones ached to see him, but she would not pull him as she had before.  Thinking and touching him with feeling, she let his features dissolve slowly as she reopened her eyes, swallowing the yearning before her attention turned to a pinpoint.

This girl's soul was anchored to the forest, and Sindragosa did not see her moving beyond it.  She was meant to die here, so why interject herself at all?  From her position on the shadowed hill, she would watch the human slip away- share her despair, fear, and desperation, tongue touching her lips as she felt the gluttony of the redhead's thirst.  Comparatively, it was a gentle way to die, but still, something pulled her forward, moving through the thickets and undergrowth with ease until she stood on even ground-- directly in the wrong path the human had taken.

"You look more angry than you do thirsty," her head tilted slightly, drops of water falling from long strands of hair to pitter-patter against the ground in a melody that spelled out laughing torture.  Water water everywhere, but not a drop to drink.  A lithe arm folded beneath her breasts, the other moving outward as she gestured, lips pulling upwards into the slightest smile.  "That's quite a feat.  I can't help but to feel sorry for whoever triggered it."  She should have let her be-- experience and the millennia that followed it should have taught her differently...but...

What harm could this girl possibly cause her?

Wyvern

Played by: Starling

Species: Wyvern

Power: Death

Lilith Offline
Still in the throws of her personal lamentations she didn’t notice when an interloper was introduced into her periphery. Her head was pointed skyward as she heaved the longest possible sigh, the breaths leaving her body making misty clouds in front of her. The stranger spoke. Apparently Lily had somewhat missed the mark when she deemed herself to be alone in the middle of nowhere. Leave it to whoever was up there to play her a nasty trick such as this. 

“Yeah well, you might be right there. You’d be pissed to if you were me.” Lily swung her head around, and seeing what she saw, slowly shifted her body in turn – as if moving too quickly would change the circumstances. The woman was nude. She was stark naked like the day she was born. Um, I’m sorry, where am I and who is she? Lily thought as she looked the stranger up and down. 

Never having been much for scruples, her modesty occasionally left something to be desired. Not wanting to jump the gun too much telling Stranger Danger cover her shame (what shame?) Lily reflected on the appropriate timing. It was then that she noticed the girl was dripping wet. Water! she thought thankfully. God had smiled down upon her twice in a very short period. How blessed she was.

It was time to point out the obvious, before things got awkward. At least any more awkward than they were. Show some tact at least. crossing one arm over her chest. She rested her elbow in the crook of her arm and gently touched her chin. “Did you go skinny dipping and your friends ran off with your clothes or something? I could go for a dip.” Yes, Lily could be exceedingly tactful.
Human

Sindra Offline

Sindragosa couldn't help a smile at the girl's response, watching her curiously as she went through the movements of thought and decision making.  When the redhead finally spoke again, it was her turn to share some confusion, skewed mouth straightening at the misdirection.  A dip, not a drink?  An innocent thing to say, but to the wyvern, also telling.  

She abandoned the spot where she'd rooted, and walked a slow circle around Lilith, looking into the distance as she addressed the human's question, unbothered despite the punctuation of her nudity.  "No, nothing like that."  Her eyes turned to study freckled cheeks, the wind's bite already apparent against the female's pale skin.  "But I was taking a dip.  The clothes were left off willingly." 

And now the pivot.

"But the lake is close by, and my shirt along with it."  With her words, the breeze fell to a sudden standstill, creatures all silencing their calls simultaneously- a call to witness.  "Though, if I lead you to it, I do not think you would thank me for it later."  If she aided Lilith now, a worse fate awaited her, for where there was a fixed death, there would always be death.  A shift down the timeline would not erase it, and when they met again, the probability of the human being offered another peaceful departure was not likely.          
Wyvern

Lilith Offline
Who was this person? Lilith was all for a little mystique but the woman was practically other-worldly. She was slender and sinuous and her voice slithered out like syrup. The affair was shocking and hypnotizing such that Lilith had completely forgotten her original purpose here. Lily watched entranced as the stranger approached, slow and graceful, and absently gestured to in the direction of her forgotten clothing.

Who... wha.... Lily's thoughts came and went barely leaving an impression in her mind. There was no way she could collect herself now, and yet she tried. The process was arduous and seemed to take forever, but eventually, she managed the words, "No, please, lead the way. You must be freezing." As she encouraged the duo toward their next destination.

There was definitely something unsettling about this woman, but was it unsettling in a bad way? It was hard to tell the difference with so little experience. Her heart seemed to race and her cheeks felt flushed. It was frightening but she felt she'd follow her companion anywhere and yet they barely knew each other. Her final words were particularly damning. Lily could do no more than stare bewildered. After all, she couldn't make heads or tails of such a cryptic statement.

"Do you know something I don't?" Her eyebrow rose, eyes squinting with confusion.
Human

Sindra Offline

A small, cryptic smile contoured her mouth seconds before words destroyed it, nodding towards the lake as she turned her back to the other questions, and the lost girl who'd asked them.  Freezing.  "Follow me."  Her laughter was withheld as the the scenery spun past them, with every exhale, purpose adding more frost to the air.  Already, Lilith's puzzled expressions had coaxed an internal dissection, and like a cat, she felt the urge to bat and claw.

As Sindra reached the lake's maw, it was laced with frost formed teeth, what had been a gentle current now seemingly stagnant under the layer of ice that crackled intermittently above it.  She stepped aside to bring it to the red head's focus, pulling Gavin's flannel from a nearby branch before shrugging the shirt on.  It swallowed her, but the devouring was welcome.  Her lashes parted and fanned away the scent's distraction, though the effects of it painted a flush against her body her bonded mate would surely shiver to feel.

"Yes."  Her breath did not hang like a cloud in the air, but instead renewed the wind, features sharp as she watched the damned halt at the makeshift Styx.  "You'll have to push out past the edge to take a drink."  She paused, looking at the girl with eyes too placid to be considered kind.  "What is your name?"  She would be surprised if Lilith found the clarity to answer.  The cold was disorienting, but beyond it, the girl's proximity to her would slowly drive her to madness before it drove her to death.  The thought might have even been planted in her pretty little red head already.                  
Wyvern

Lilith Offline
Lily was lead to the lake while these considerations took root and developed. The lake stretched out in font of them, still at the surface, but with many secrets hiding underneath, hibernating in the cold depths. She stared forward, the creases in the skin around her eyes gathering the chill as she tried to reflect. For a brief moment, her mind felt as if it had been poured out, the vacant vessel of consciousness vast and blank. Thoughts seeped in from the edges, murmurs and wonderings of all kinds disturbing the quietude of perceived ignorance.

Had she fallen down a rabbit hole into Wonderland? The questions whirred and buzzed naggingly in the background while the rest of her mind was pre-occupied by coming up with a cogent response that didn’t come across completely backwards. After all, this dream-like apparition of a person had simply answered, “Yes” to Lily’s question. As far as she knew, there was no such thing as precognisence and what she’d said remained a figure of speech. She was definitely not on board. 

Looking at her companion, she waited until they hard curled themselves into an oversized flannel shirt. Once again covered over with confusion, she asked “Do I know you or something? You don’t seem familiar… ” she trailed off, because there was this quality about the woman, this sense that as simple adjacent but not complex and yet it seemed evidently unknowable, unanalyzable.

“What is your name?” they asked. Lily inhaled sharply and closed her eyes longer than a standard blink. “Me? Oh, um. I’m Lilith.” she usually introduced herself as Lily, soft and pure, but Lilith unconsciously formed and fell from her lips like a wish, unsure but hopeful. “And yours? I mean, how did you get here? What happened? Aren’t you cold?”. What is happening right now?

Was Lily asleep? Was this a dream? The smoke of their warm breaths marked the seconds until the stranger’s response. 
Human