Hello There, Guest! Register

Savasana Awaits [Open]

Castalia Offline
Soft celtic music played through the speakers in the main room in Elementa Yoga Studio. Since starting up the business a couple months ago it had taken off and was thriving. She had three to five classes a day, seven days a week. So her only time off was fit in between classes and appointments and after the end of the day. It meant she was chained to the studio but  Currently it was empty other then for the owner herself. The last class had finished over an hour ago. Talia had already cleaned up the room, the main floor empty once again.

Upon walking into the space a person would find a small live edge wood reception desk to the right in a dark mahogany matching the floor. Along the same wall were three closed doors, and an open room containing supplies in between the doors. The window that faced the street on the left hand side of the door was so full of plants the light filtered through in thin and sporadic shafts. The walls were such a dark red it was almost black, with yoga, reiki, chakra, and wiccan symbols painted on the wall in metallics. Small black accept tables were places in various placed along the wall in the main room, decorated with candles and gemstones. The studio was something Castalia had put a lot of time into design, and she was proud of her business.  

Right now she was seated behind the desk. It was around nine in the morning and the next class wasn’t until eleven, it gave the young witch some free time. At the moment she would have much rather been teaching a class or with a client. For in front of her on the desk was the young witches laptop and a frown on her face. Answering emails, calling clients, writing classes, schedules and all the general business side of things was the current task at the moment. It was far from her favorite thing, thankfully her parents taught her well. Still it would have been nice to hire someone to help her with this sort of thing. Alas, given the state of things with the veil having fallen she didn’t dare hire a human.

So that left a witch, of whom rarely did one walk through the front door, and much less one she felt qualified for the job. It meant she spent the vast majority in her studio working. It suited her fine, for she had little social life in the first place. Talia would never tell anyone but this place was most definitely used as a crutch to keep the fact that she was alone far from her mind. Still this part of the job had the young woman alternating from frowning to chewing on her lower lip. It was tempting to simply put it off and go out for a few hours, a nice long run through a park would be be way more pleasant then answering silly emails.

The bell above the door rang, signifying someone had just walked in. “Good morning, welcome to Elementa Yoga,” she greeted with a pleasant smile before looking up to see who had just entered.
Witch

Played by: Trisha

Species: Witch

Power: Elemental Control and Creation

Aurelia Offline
People stared. Aurelia felt their eyes as she vacuumed the back seats of her car.  Feathers and dander filled the air as the dragged the hose across the dark cloth, picking up as many leavings from her flock as she could. Plastic bins sat on the ground away from the vehicle, dusty from months of inattention. Aurelia reasoned that if she didn't clean it now, there would be no other opportunities to do so before winter came along. So, she scrubbed stains with a stiff brush, waxed the dashboard against more dust, and wiped the interiors of windows to unstained clarity. 

Arch watched this whole process from her perch on the luggage rack, cawing at the smaller birds who swooped in an out of the cubicle wanting to get a look at Aurelia. Hopping from one perch to another, voicing loud jealousy. Aurelia finally stood straight, looking daggers at the crow. 

"Why do you care so much if they say hello?" She asked, arms akimbo.
They will make a scene, said Arch; feathers fluffed out. She shook herself, plumage settling back on her body.
"You're making one!" Aurelia argued, watching the face of a small boy disappear behind the concrete divider of the cubicle next door. 
Arch preened herself, not bothering to add anything. 

Rolling her eyes, Aurelia finished her interior cleaning at speed, pulling the hose off one wall to wash the crossover. She pointed the nozzle at Arch threateningly, eyebrow raised. The crow mantled on the luggage rack, opening her beak in apparent defiance. Aurelia let loose a burst of water, showering the bird with a jet of chilly water. Screeching, Arch flew into a nearby tree and shook herself repeatedly, wings outspread, drying wet quills. 

Using a chamois, Aurelia wiped the last droplets off her headlights and stood back, admiring a job well done. Arch returned, landing on her shoulder, thrusting her beak into Aurelia's hair. Smiling, Aurelia drove away from the car wash, astonished stares watching her departure. A white bumper sticker reading 'This is for the Birds' now completely readable on the bottom of her back windshield. 

Arch sat on the center console and watched their progress. 
Home is that way, she said, swiveling her head as Aurelia turned away from the familiar path. 
"I know, but we're making a stop first," she explained aloud, parallel parking with quick ease. Disembarking, Arch hopped to Aurelia's outstretched hand and chatted in crow as Aurelia pulled a yoga mat and brick from her newly-spotless trunk. 

The studio had a comfortable look from the outside. She had kept an eye on the place since it opened, hesitant to go inside in case it didn't last. Coworkers spoke highly of it, and Aurelia had come around to the idea of a group–instead of solo–practice session. Letting herself inside, she was greeted by an attractive woman whose orange aura overwhelmed the air around her. Witch?! Aurelia thought, shocked. 

With a thin smile, Aurelia replied, "Thank-you." She looked around, "I'm sorry, I thought the next class was at ten?" 

Arch spread her wings again, pointing her inquisitive face up to the stranger and cawed once, rudely. 
Witch

Played by: Nary

Power: Avian Mage

Castalia Offline
The air spoke to her even before her eyes had lifted to the person who had just walked in. A witch. A highly unexpected thing to see. Then she got a look at the witch in question. A lovely woman, with stunning lips she had to make herself look away from. Sometimes it was hard not to let her eyes linger on the attractive people who walked into her studio. It was years of practice that allowed her to do so. She had to be professional at work. At least while inside the studio. That didn’t mean she wouldn’t be more familiar after class if there was a mutual interest. Her parents would have frowned on it of course. It wasn’t her fault some great people with even better energies came to her studio.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I just recently changed my ten o'clock class to tomorrow,” the young witch explained apologetically. “I do have a Yin class at elven today though,” Castalia quickly added. Reaching over to the top of the desk she grabbed a printed schedule and held it out to the curly haired woman. “Here, this is the updated class schedule. It’s had to undergo a few changes recently, one of the side effects of being still relatively new,” she said with another smile and a small shrug. Talia prided her studio on offering a wide selection of yoga variations at multiple times a day. An impressive feat given it was only herself here. With her parents studio it had been a lot easier, with all three of them being yoga teachers since she was seventeen. 

Crystalline blue eyes glanced to the bird who loudly spoke up. She smiled lightly. Normally she didn’t allow pets into her studio. Not because she didn’t like animals, she liked them greatly. It was purely for business sake. Animals could be messy, she didn’t wish to clean up after someone else's pet. Not to mention potentials fears, allergies and distractions for her students. Only because the crow was with a fellow witch that she didn’t politely say anything, also helped there was no class at the moment. “Is this feathered beauty your familiar?” she asked the woman then. While neither of her parents had familiars she was plenty used to it with other members from her former coven. Sadly it was something Talia didn’t have time for herself. 

Castalia chewed on her lower lip for a moment, thinking. It was rare she got to chat with another witch, so she was loathe to send her away until class time. Besides, right now it was a wonderful excuse not to work on this customer service shit. It really was her least favorite part.  “Well, since you are here, if you would like we could do a flow together. That way you can see what I have to offer before you decide which class is for you. Something I’m happy to do for a sister,” she finally said to the other woman with a warm smile. “Honestly, you’d also be saving my butt. This computer work makes me want to pull my hair out,” she added with a laugh.
Witch

Played by: Trisha

Power: Elemental Control and Creation

Aurelia Offline
Aurelia didn’t consider herself a yoga expert by any stretch, but she already knew that Yin wouldn’t have the intensity she searched for today. She kept her face polite as the witch–obviously the instructor by her clothes and figure–explained. Aurelia quickly read over the offered page, seeking something to do with her eyes other than stare like an idiot. The misty aura that surrounded most witches was usually ignorable, but the orange was so garish that Aurelia found it difficult to ignore. She wondered what powers this woman possessed to give off such a vibrant color. 

"One of them, yes, " she confirmed. Arch examined the witch with a beady, critical eye, ignoring the compliments. Aurelia shook the hand holding the crow a little with a silent "Be nice." Arch tilted her head around several times, clearly attempting to analyze the other human in the room. "She won the battle for joining my morning errands." Neither Echo nor Viv would be good choices for attending an early-morning Yoga session. Truly, Brook was the clear winner of the four, but you never knew how people would react to pigeons.

Aurelia laughed. She hated to be stuck doing menial, human tasks for too long. Thankfully, professionals handled administrative work at the conservatory, while she pursued her talents. Even a good book could not surpass the feeling of exhilaration when an injured bird could fly or eat again after a long period of doing neither. Still, continuing education and busy work were two different animals. 

"Yes, please. I did want to get something in before I went to work for a few hours," Aurelia said, shifting the yoga brick in her hand to pull her mat down from her shoulder. "Arch will behave. Is there somewhere for her to perch inside the studio?"
Witch

Played by: Nary

Power: Avian Mage