Hello There, Guest! Register

Astrid Parrish - Development

Astrid Offline
"Bless me, father, for I have sinned." Astrid crossed herself, eyes closed, kneeling in the dark wood confessional. "It has been seven days since my last confession." Biting her tongue, she waited in silence as the wooden screen between the penitent and the priest slid open. She wanted to run down the road to the Diocese Headquarters, report on the wickedness she heard in this close, wooden box. 

"Ms. Parrish," said the smooth voice of Father Reynolds as it washed over her like a bucket of oil. Small lips twitched, but her body remained still. "Lovelier than even a week ago. However do you manage it?" He leaned an elbow on the window and rested his chin on a balled fist. 

"Save your salacious words for an unarmed woman," Astrid said, head still bowed, staring at the folds of the priest's robes, visible on the sill. 

He laughed mirthlessly, sighing when he finished.

The silence stretched until he finally quoted John in a flat voice. "And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained."

Without a word, Astrid pulled a jar from her pocket and finally looked up into the glassy, dead eyes of her crooked handler. "I have returned the dead to their proper place in hell, and I ask for mercy and forgiveness for the sin I shall commit when I send you to join them." 

There was no pity or fear on his face–two polite masks, equal in their mettle. 

"I absolve you from your sins in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." He made the sign of the cross over her. 

"Give thanks to the Lord for he is good," Astrid said, coldly emphatic. 

Removing an envelope from inside his cassock, he gave it to her. "His mercy endures forever."

"Amen," Astrid said, crossing herself twice more as she stood. 
Human

Played by: Nary

Species: Human

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »