Hello There, Guest! Register

Graves

Eoin Offline
Calvin

Visiting a recluse was counterintuitive, but family was family, and death demanded respect.  Eoin doubted his condolences would be particularly well received, Calvin an unpredictable, yet entirely reliable character.  Either he'd brush off the matter with a wide grin, or he'd give Eoin plenty of shit for being so fucking sentimental.  Yet there he was, digging his goddamned boot out of the mud for the second time since running into that downed tree, finishing the last two miles of the very wet trek on foot.  

Normally, Eoin enjoyed the toil of being outdoors, but as the home finally came into view, he found himself irritated.  He should have eaten, but time had not allowed it before this trip, his method of hunting non-spontaneous and time-consuming.  The very need was something he constantly battled, vainly pushing to stretch each minute towards an impossible eternity.  Day two always did him in.

Frowning against the rain, he forced himself together again, moving a calloused palm over his features before the same hand turned its knuckles against the worn door.  How strange.  It had been at least a century since he'd last needed the gesture, memories stamped under the heavy footsteps that now headed in his direction.  Both brows arched as the familiar countenance came into view, side of his mouth twisting with a smirk as he spoke.

"Yeh know...sometimes I think you being out here is less about you being by yourself, and more about being a pain in other people's asses."  He moved a hand through his hair, and leaned his arm against the doorframe, inspecting the things that had changed, or rather didn't change, about his cousin.  "Yeh going to invite me in?"  

Succubus

Played by: Starling

Species: Vampire

Calvin Offline
It wasn’t leg-eating Louisiana mud, the kind that sucked the sole of your shoe clean off, but it still worked to keep the pests away -- most of the time. He missed the bayou. You could hide so many bones in a bayou. Now he had to get creative with them. He’d made a couple wind chimes, phalanges clacking against one another in the breeze, and he was one bored afternoon away from making some extremely morbid macaroni art.

He hated when Laura was gone.

Still, his longing for company was utterly singular and a visit from his cousin was not a social call he wanted to have. The wooden door swung out so quickly that it banged against the rotted shutter nailed to the rotted siding.

Calvin offered him a grin that was wholly unkind, a white flash, a baring of teeth. “Ya know the beauty of it is it works both ways.” Leaning against the door frame, he crossed his arms and his ankles, making absolutely no move to see Eoin inside. “Is that shit really a thing? Is it only human residences er vamp houses as well?”

He tapped on his lips with an outstreched index finger. “Ya know, come to think of it we did go ahead an’ kill the poor fuck that lived here when we arrived. I mean, how could ya pass up such prime real estate? Still his house though, I suppose.” He snickered, eyes glittering impishly. “Go ahead. Try. I ain’t invitin’ you in fer shit.”

Eoin
Necrophage

Played by: Lyss

Power: None

Eoin Offline

Eoin grinned, nearly laughed, at Calvin's response, eyes moving off his cousins's dark features to cut through the curtain of rain that currently caged him to the porch.  With a slight shake of his head, his vision returned, voice palpable with amusement, and perhaps of hint of something sharper.  "Yeah."  A narrowed side-eye, body squaring off against the man turned portcullis, thumb brushing against the stubble of his beard as he filtered through the bullshit.

"We."

Eoin had more dealings with Calvin than he did with Laura, but the distinction of I to we struck him as odd, and with a blink, the succubus reexamined his evaluation of the girl this man called daughter.  "That 'im hanging from the rail over there?" he motioned, nodding towards the do-it-yourself wind chime.  "Cute."  His tongue pressed against the back of his teeth as he smirked, expression masking everything else until Eoin could pull himself away from it.  Now was not the time to think, and Calvin was in the mood to play, the succubus keeping to his toes as the challenge was set before him like a meal.

How could he not bite? 

Would this work?  He didn't know, but it was a good chance to learn more about his limitations, choosing not to answer, body shifting as he turned himself to fit in the space his cousin wasn't monopolizing.  That he could take a step forward told him all he needed to know, moving into the house with confidence without waiting for Calvin's interference.  "Guess its just humans."  The answer seemed a bit obvious now, all the abandoned homes where he and his cousins had taken residence over the centuries either withstanding abandonment, or the death of their owners.  "Ain't that fucking grand?" he asked with the lingering grin, turning to inspect the home's state, the smell of blood calling him from the kitchen.

"I actually came here with condolences, but since I don't think you'll appreciate them, I'll just cut through the bullshit, yeah?"  He moved into the kitchen, water dripping from his clothes and onto the worn wooden floors.  "How're yeh and Laura getting by?  Can't imagine with all those art projects on display that you've found any kind of lucrative work teh keep yeh busy."  While their familial bonds were thinned out by time, Eoin could remember the years when they'd been closer.  The struggles they had shared, and even if Calvin had always been an asshole, he was blood.  It was not in the succubus's vocabulary to relinquish the precious substance, even if it would choke him to swallow. 

"Can't be any fun eating the rotten shit you find around here.  Gavin' 'n I could bring some fresher company yer way any time yeh need it, and before yeh go calling it a fucking hand-out, yeh'd be fed, and yeh'd be savin' me one hell of a disposal fee."
Succubus

Played by: Starling

Calvin Offline
Ya know yer concern is more touchin than handwritten holiday card but me an’ Laura get along just fine. Ain’t nothin’ fer you to worry about.” Calvin had a nose for insincerity, but with his cousin it was hard to detect. Eoin was an authentic man who usually gave a shit -- why he’d give a shit about the two of them was beyond Calvin’s selfish comprehension, but the necrophage doubted his aptitude for manipulation. If Eoin was fishing for information he was doing a shitty job. Calvin and Laura were as close-lipped as they came.

The charity, though, that rubbed against the grain. “Fuck off. Ya think we can’t provide fer ourselves? We ain’t ever gone ta bed hungry, and what makes ya think we ain’t capable of catchin an’ killin our own food? Stupid shits -- ya’ll think necrophages are the worlds fuckin’ mushrooms -- fungi just leechin off the dead an’ rottin bodies. Well I ain’t no god damn portobello you motherfuckin’ shitcake. We hunt. We kill. Same as you we just don’t got no fuckin’ rules behind it.”
Necrophage

Played by: Lyss

Power: None